Women's Health and Fertility
Women are born with unique biological gifts that require special care and attention. Energetic and hormonal imbalances in women, whether fostered by genetic makeup or lifestyle, often manifest in the reproductive system. From puberty through adulthood, and on through menopause, acupuncture optimizes the health of the reproductive system.
- Menstrual Disorders: Many teens and young adults suffer from moderate to severe menstrual pain. Acupuncture is an effective way to alleviate menstrual pain, and reduce clotting and heavy bleeding. It also treats amenorrhea and irregular periods.
- Female Fertility Enhancement: There are many reasons for infertility. Diet and lifestyle can play a significant role. Diminished ovarian reserve, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), and endometriosis can also be obstacles to conception. In other cases, infertility is simply unexplained. Regardless of the cause, acupuncture can enhance fertility. In addition, Acupuncture provides support during IVF and IUI cycles.
- Male Fertility Enhancement: Low sperm volume and quality can be treated with acupuncture.
- Pregnancy: Acupuncture can relieve numerous symptoms associated with pregnancy, including nausea and vomiting, low back pain, fatigue, and carpel tunnel syndrome. Acupuncture can also reduce the risk of miscarriage, and help the expectant mother prepare for labor and delivery.
- Post-partum: Acupuncture can enhance post-partum recovery, accelerate wound healing, improve lactation, and support breast health.
- Peri-menopause and Menopause: The hormonal changes that come with age can cause a variety of unpleasant symptoms that keep women from enjoying life to the fullest. Acupuncture helps relieve exhaustion, foggy headedness, anxiety, depression, irritability, hot flashes, and night sweats.
- Cancer of the reproductive system: Scientific advances have increased the effectiveness of surgery, radiation and chemotherapy in treating breast, uterine, and ovarian cancer. The side effects from these treatments can be overwhelming and, at times, incapacitating. Studies show that acupuncture can significantly enhance the immune system, promote wound healing, relieve pain, and subdue chemotherapeutic and radiation induced nausea and vomiting.
- Sexual abuse: The damage resulting from unwanted sexual encounters can adversely impact future relationships, health, and personal growth. Acupuncture can be an adjunct to counseling, accelerating release of emotional trauma and movement into recovery.
Regardless of your age or personal challenge, East-West Healing Arts offers a place of centered stillness for women to ground themselves and cultivate their full feminine potential.